Demands for business telephony have evolved significantly over recent years, and the current pandemic has increased the need for many companies to make changes. Microsoft 365 Business Voice represents a future-proof solution to telephony that brings together many parts of your digital operations.
What is Microsoft 365 Business Voice?
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) solution that allows you to make voice and multimedia calls over an internet connection using computers, handsets, mobile phones and other smart devices.
Amongst other things, you can set up phone numbers, call menus and audio conferencing so you can host meetings with anyone. You can even give people their own direct dial phone numbers so they can receive calls directly.
Business Voice is equipped to service a wide range of small and medium-sized businesses. For an example of how it is helping a British business, Boston Ltd in St Albans, watch the video below.
What are the benefits?
Benefits of moving your phone system to Business Voice include:
- Cost reduction – typically, you could reduce your monthly bill by a third.
- Integration – Business Voice sits within Microsoft Teams, allowing you to work seamlessly between conference call meetings, traditional phone calls and messaging.
- Flexibility – Business Voice allows you to call from, or be called on, the same number from any device – desktop PC, laptop, tablet, desk phone or mobile – at any time.
- Mobile devices – mobile devices can integrate with your phone system, allowing you to carry with you a full-featured business phone system in your pocket, wherever you go.
- Reliability – connection quality is consistent, and this cloud-based solution offers easy and quick disaster recovery following a destructive event.
ISDN switch off
Switching to a VoIP solution is also good forward planning, given the forthcoming switch offs. PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) and ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) still utilise the same costly and problematic design and set up that has existed for well over 100 years.
As it looks to the future, BT will switch off these networks in 2025, in favour of VoIP telephony solutions. This will begin with the phasing out of BT’s older systems from 2020 and BT will also cease taking ISDN telephone orders.
How can Microtrading help?
We can identify the structure and scale of your requirement, and advise on and implement a planned setup of Microsoft 365 Business Voice. We can procure all necessary elements and install them, as part of implementation.