Microsoft 365 not only contains the Office 365 suite and Windows 10 Pro, but also Enterprise Mobility + Security. Microsoft 365 was released last year to help companies comply with the requirements set out in the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), so it’s unsurprising that security is at its centre.
But Microsoft 365 has much more to offer besides security. Let’s explore what you can expect when you upgrade.
Windows 10 is the final operating system that Microsoft will release – and it’s evergreen. From here, instead of new operating systems being released, Windows 10 will evolve over time – without leaving you behind. That’s one of its major benefits – you won’t need to upgrade it, the operating system will always be up-to-date.
Windows 10 also offers benefits such as:
- Speed – Windows 10 is significantly faster than its predecessors. A more efficient operating system means a more productive operator and your staff will be able to work more effectively.
- Security – features such as advanced login options, including multi-factor authentication, make Windows 10 desktops far more secure and in line with current best practices for accessing systems.
Office 365 is a cloud-based service hosted by Microsoft, centred around the Office suite, that allows you to work with freedom, offering best-in-class security, flexibility, cost management, mobility and collaboration.
Office 365 includes familiar applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive, along with other productivity services.
Visit our page on Microsoft Office 365 for more information on the benefits of this product.
Enterprise Mobility + Security
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security is an intelligent mobility management and security platform that provides you with sophisticated controls over your data.
This product has been created to combat the security challenges that businesses face in this mobile-first, cloud-first era. It’s an identity-driven security solution, protecting not just files but any individual piece of information within a file.
To understand just how this information protection works, take a look at this video from Microsoft:
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security doesn’t just help you to protect your organisation and its data, it also identifies breaches before they cause damage.
- Identity and access management – create and assign levels of data access for individuals and groups
- Information protection – protect data of all sizes, from folders and files down to individual words within them
- Threat protection – detect and investigate advanced threats
- Cloud access security broker – see and manage how your systems and data are used daily
Microsoft 365 has so much to offer and is available in four packages. See this link for further details.
How can Microtrading help?
Microtrading can assess your needs and identify how you can get the very most from Microsoft 365 and the three products it comprises which we’ve described above. We offer a comprehensive service and can advise on your requirements, implement a transition from planning to completion and support your infrastructure on an ongoing basis.