Following last month’s story on the benefits of Microsoft 365 Business Voice, this article explores the features of this phone system and how to make it part of your IT infrastructure.
Connecting any device to your phone system
With Microsoft 365 Business Voice, you can call from anywhere, on any device through the Microsoft Teams app on desktop, mobile, web, and desk phones. The cloud-based phone system offers:
- Advanced features, including:
- Call transfer
- Multi-level auto attendants or phone menus
- Call queue management
- Flexible calling plans to suit your call volumes
- Dial-in audio conferencing for up to 250 people per meeting
Not only that but, sitting within Teams, Business Voice puts your phone system at the heart of your IT infrastructure, with seamless integration. This means you can…
- Collaborate in real time
- Share files easily
- Use a wide variety of Microsoft and third-party apps
…all while you talk!
For more information on the communication and collaboration features of Teams, read our article on the application.
How do I get Microsoft 365 Business Voice for my team?
Unless you are already using either the Microsoft 365 E5 or Office 365 E5 Plans, you’ll need a Microsoft Business Voice subscription for each user who needs to be able to make and receive phone calls. This will probably be the same number of team members that currently have a phone. Each user can have their own direct dial telephone number or you can port your existing telephone numbers across if preferred.
Specifying your requirement and configuring the system requires a level of IT expertise, which we’ll provide to you. However, whilst the initial setup requires specific expertise, Business Voice is highly and easily configurable. There are changes that you will be able to make in-house that would have previously required a visit from a telecoms engineer. For example, it’s very easy to re-direct specific incoming calls to new team members.
For more information, watch this useful video:
What about equipment?
When it comes to taking and making calls in the office, you have options:
- Desk phones: If you want to provide your team with a physical desk phone, there are specific handsets available for use with Microsoft 365 Business Voice. See this link for details of compatible Microsoft 365 Business Voice desk phones
- Headsets: Both wireless and wired headsets, that plug directly into your laptop or desktop, provide a hands-free telephone experience, similar to those used in call centres. See this link for details of compatible Microsoft 365 Business Voice headsets
We can advise you on the most suitable equipment for your needs and the needs of your team – providing procurement and installation services, if required.
How can Microtrading help?
Microtrading can provide a Microsoft 365 Business Voice solution tailored to your needs. We can identify the structure and scale of your requirement and advise on and implement a planned setup. We can procure all necessary elements, and install and configure them. After implementation, we’ll help you realise the full benefits of your investment, with expert advice and assistance.